There are many different golf driver types, and many of them are in the four-figure price range. Considering that drivers are a necessary piece of golfing equipment, that’s a big investment to make. You may want to consider if expensive golf clubs are really worth the money. Thankfully, there are plenty of options out there for those that don’t want to spend an entire month’s mortgage on a driver. For under $300, you can find a driver that works for your golf game.
Unless you’re golfing multiple times a week, spending a hefty chunk of change on a driver seems unreasonable, and it is. But your golf game doesn’t have to suffer, and neither does your bank account. If you’ve been playing golf for a while and really want to up your game, getting fit for a new driver is something you may want to consider.
Best Golf Drivers Under $300: Our Top Picks
Best Golf Drivers for Under $300 in 2021
- Wilson Staff Launch Pad Golf Driver
- TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Driver
- Callaway Golf 2020 Rogue Driver
- Srixon Z 585 Driver
- Mizuno ST200 Driver
- Wilson Staff Golf Men’s D7 Driver
- Autopilot GX-7 “X-Metal”
- Mazel Titanium Golf Driver 460cc
- Speed System Golf Driver
- Autopilot A14 Premium Golf Driver
1. Wilson Staff Launch Pad Golf Driver
- Included Components: Golf Club
If you want a club that allows you to swing effortlessly to generate power, the Wilson Staff Launch Pad Golf Driver is the driver for you. It’s easy to use for all levels of skill and also includes these great features.
The head, shaft, and grip combine to only weigh 272g, making this simple to use. That allows you to increase club speed as you’re coming through the zone without having to swing especially hard.
Moderate hosel offset
This is designed with the hosel slightly offset which, combined with the 13g at the heel of the club, means that the face is closed. This will help you handle any type of slice that you naturally have with your swing. You can change up how much your swing will be affected by this by choosing the right stiffness for your shaft.
Forgiving club face
Thanks to the design, it won’t matter as much if you don’t catch the ball right in the sweet spot. The Launch Pad head delivers high ball speeds and launch angles, so if you happen to miss the exact middle, you can still get a solid shot.
For beginner golfers, this is a driver that can really help you learn a lot about your swing. Any natural slice is taken into account with the hosel offset. It takes a lot of frustration out of seeing balls fly into the trees or having to overaim to account for your slice. The forgiving club face will help anyone who wants to focus more on hitting it straight.
2. TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Driver
- A large, 460cc titanium head with an adjustable loft sleeve allows for optimized launch and trajectory
- Ultralite titanium core strategically positions mass for higher launch and trajectory control
- Premium matrix white tie 55 shaft for maximum distance and smooth feel
- Legendary speed pocket performance for high launch and low spin, resulting in more distance
- New satin black finish with elegant detailing to improve alignment; Grip: TM textured 0.620 43 gram (men)
Interested in changing up the loft of your driver if it’s not working for you? Then the TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Driver is a solid choice. Here’s the important info about it.
Adjustable loft sleeve
This features a 460cc titanium head with an adjustable loft sleeve, allowing you to play with the launch and trajectory. If you’re not getting the loft you want, you can change it to cater to your swing.
The ultralite titanium core was purposefully positioned so that the mass offers a higher launch angle and better trajectory control. It doesn’t add weight to the club head, allowing you to swing easy and get the drives you want.
Get more roll, thanks to the legendary speed pocket performance. This results in high launch and low spin, so as you’re making contact, you should be able to keep it straight and force it to go farther.
Intermediate golfers rave about this driver, not only for the value but for the ability to control trajectory. For those who have hard slices, this may not be the club for them, as adjusting the trajectory can cause more draw if you aren’t used to it. But for those who have a consistent swing with club speed that works for them, this can result in farther drives and more roll.
3. Callaway Golf 2020 Rogue Driver
- Combined power of Jailbreak Technology and X-Face VFT Technology that promote high ball speed and long distance
- Largest ever carbon composite crown surface area in a Callaway driver and new high-MOI shape with larger address footprint combine to increase stability and forgiveness
- Speed Step technology developed by Boeing and Callaway to improve airflow and to promote faster head speed
- Industry-leading Selection of Shaft, Weight and Loft Options
For big hitters, the Callaway Golf 2020 Rogue Driver can add even more distance to your drives. There is a lot of advanced technology used in this and here is more info.
Combination of Callaway technology
You’ll be impressed with the Jailbreak Technology combined with the X-Face VFT Technology to result in higher ball speed and longer distance. This features advanced MOI (moment of inertia) to help your ball keep on going.
Composite crown surface
This has the largest carbon composite crown surface area of any Callaway driver. You’ll enjoy more forgiveness and increased stability while you’re swinging.
Speed Step technology
If you want more head speed, the advanced Speed Step technology is there for you. This was developed by Callaway and Boeing to improve airflow as you bring it back through the striking zone.
This features technology that allows you to drive the ball farther, even if you don’t hit the sweet spot. There are multiple shafts you can choose from to best suit your swing as well. Many people will enjoy the combination of control and distance from this club.
4. Srixon Z585 Driver
- Ti51AF Cup Face - Stronger, lighter, and faster: our new Ti51AF Cup Face produces exceptional ball speed for greater distance.
- Lightweight Carbon - A lightweight carbon crown moves mass to the perimeter for more forgiving, more accurate drives.
- A glue in hosel promoting a draw biased shot shape to reduce slices off the tee.
Beginners will be hard-pressed to find a driver that helps them more than the Srixon Z585 Driver. The features that users will love are below.
New Ti51AF Cup
This is a new cup face that Srixon users appreciate because of how light and strong it is. This will come through the zone faster to produce higher ball speed and deliver greater distance on your drive.
The lightweight carbon crown moves the mass to the perimeter, keeping it level and easy to swing. That means that the club head is more forgiving and can deliver more accurate drives.
The hosel is positioned in such a way that it promotes a draw-biased shot shape. This is especially good for golfers who tend to slice, as it will help combat it.
Anybody who tends to slice the ball off the tee will be helped by this. The hosel is positioned to help work against a slice and the head is lightweight, so it’s easier to generate club head speed. Couple this with the carbon crown being more forgiving, and drives will be sprayed less often.
5. Mizuno ST200 Driver
- Forged SAT Beta Ti Face
- CORTECH Design: Optimized face thickness distribution to maximize COR AREA
- Carbon Composite Crown: Ultra lightweight carbon allows weight to be moved low within the clubhead
- Wave Technology : Engineered wave geometry compresses and rebounds at impact for greater COR AREA and higher ball speeds
- Quick Switch Adaptor : Defined loft/lie settings to aid in launch optimization
For noticeable distance the first time you use it, check out the Mizuno ST200 Driver. Producing high ball speeds, this can cause your ball to travel farther. Users also loved these features.
This has optimized face thickness, so it won’t wear as you use it more. It is distributed throughout the club face, meaning the COR AREA is wider, producing a more forgiving face.
This is engineered with wave geometry to compress each time you strike the ball. As it rebounds from the impact, the COR AREA is larger to increase ball speed. Your mishits will be forgiven more easily.
Quick Switch Adapter
You can change up your loft and lie settings to aid in your launch optimization. It is adjustable by four degrees with additional upright and flatter settings.
This has a forgiving head to minimize mishits. The technology compresses to literally have the ball jumping off of your club. There are a lot of clubs in this line and if you are liking the way the driver hits, you can match it up with a hybrid or 3 wood.
6. Wilson Staff Golf Men’s D7 Driver
- Superlight Design: Advanced materials and simplified construction result in a head weight of just 192g, allowing for greater ball speeds and maximum distance off the tee.
- [K]composite Crown: A three-piece crown comprised of Kevlar layered between woven carbon fiber neutralizes vibration for a sharp, crisp sound and incredible feel.
- Dynamic Launch Control: Internal weighting has been optimized depending on the loft. 9.0º driver features the weight forward. The 10.5º driver features weight in the mid sole and the 13º driver features weight towards the back and heel.
The Wilson Staff D7 driver has a graphite shaft designed to be super light, increasing ball speed when swinging. It was designed with three key features.
Made of the famously strong material called Kevlar, this three-piece crown will neutralize vibration. Reducing vibration allows your swing to remain sharp and crisp.
Dynamic Launch Control
This driver has a weight distribution that depends on the loft chosen. The lower loft has a forward weight variation, and the higher loft has a back end weight distribution.
With the head weighing only 192 grams, this club is destined to give you a high ball speed level along with maximum distance off of the tee.
Wilson designed this stick with a technology that they call the RE-AKT technology, which they created to add speed to every swing and distance to every shot.
Some Amazon reviews of this driver include that it is the best value for this price. It has been found to add about 15 to 20 yards to a swing.
Overall, this club is loved by the reviewers. The only con that seems to be prominent is the grip of this driver. Some reviewers claimed that they went on to get a new grip instead of the one that comes with it, but all other features have been proven to live up to a high level of standards.
7. Autopilot GX-7 “X-Metal”
The idea of creating the Autopilot GX-7 X-Metal was to provide a high level of accuracy while still allowing the golf ball to go the distance when launched. Below are a few of the stand out features that this driver brings to the table.
High Level of Accuracy
This GX-7 has a short shaft, which gives golfers more control over the golf ball. This will essentially result in a swing that leads to an increase in fairway hits.
To tag along with accuracy comes consistency. This driver will consistently refrain from allowing your ball to slice into the woods. Another consistent aspect of this club is that anyone using this driver is highly unlikely to see any pop-up swings. The technology behind this driver allows golfers to swing down on the ball.
The higher loft will assist golfers who need improvement with launch height, carry period, and spin. The GX-7 is designed to decrease spin for those who tend to have too much on their swings.
This technology created to improve launch, carry period, and spin will allow the ball to roll out for extra yards after dropping down to the fairway.
Golfers who have purchased this product seem to have generated a more accurate shot. This driver has been proven to work best for those who have issues with their tee shots.
8. Mazel Titanium Golf Driver 460cc
- ⛳CUP FACE DESIGN:CNC Cup Face with high rebound,more efficient at delivering fast ball speed across the face, especially on mis-hits for increased average distance,also sound crisp.
- ⛳SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT HEAD:Strong Titanium face has a variable thickness that reduce driver weight,providing faster swing speeds off the tee offer.
- ⛳LARGE SWEET SPOT:460CC deep face expands sweet spot for maximum distance from anywhere on the face.
- ⛳LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY:Back center of gravity zone weighting removes weight from the crown to reposition it low and back in the head for a low,deep CG.
- ⛳SPEED CHANNEL:Speed channel is an engineered trench that surrounds the club face to help minimize face thickness and provide increased ball speeds across the face for incredible distance with forgiveness.
The Mazel Titanium 460cc driver was designed to give golfers a high value without costing as much as the top of the line drivers. This driver’s three main features stick out and give golfers the same feel that a top of the line driver will give.
Cup Face Design
This technology has been implemented to improve the amount of face flexing at the center of the face. Having the cup face design will make the ball achieve a higher speed, increase the distance, and provide a more crisp feel from off-center hits.
The lightweight head on this driver will allow golfers to conduct a swing faster off the tee. Accurately swinging at a faster speed will allow you to propel the golf ball at maximum speed.
Large Sweet Spot
This driver’s head was designed to have a minimized toe and heel area, which increases the sweet spot present on the face. A larger sweet spot will make it easier for golfers to hit the ball properly and get that perfect feel with a crisp sound.
This driver has been proven to exceed its monetary value. There appears to be little to no difference between this driver and some more expensive top of the line drivers. Amazon reviews consistently discuss that this is among the best for value drivers.
9. Speed System Golf Driver
- LIGHTER = FASTER, FASTER = LONGER: This super lightweight titanium driver weighs 15-20% less than the competition. The only way to get this light and perform this well is to use ultra-premium materials. The graphite shafts average about 55g, and the grips average about 30g, depending on which Speed driver you choose.
- ADD 21+ YARDS: This driver-tee-ball combination added an average of 21+ yards during testing conducted by Golf Laboratories. The test was conducted with amateur golfers using the Speed System driver compared to their own name-brand drivers.
- SPEED ZONES: 4 different Speed drivers to choose from depending on which Speed Zone you fall into, and this depends on your current driver distance or current driver swing speed. Each Speed driver was specifically engineered for YOU. SPEED BLACK = 225 to 255yds, 90-99mph swing speed. SPEED BLUE = 195 - 224yds, 80-89mph swing speed. SPEED GOLD = 165 - 195yds, 70-79mph swing speed. SPEED SILVER = 172yds or less, 72mph & below swing speed.
- TOUR GRADE GOLF BALLS: Premium golf balls that are compression-matched for each Speed driver.
- SPRING-LOADED TEES: Minimizes club head resistance at impact. This combined with less surface friction reduced spin leading to more distance. The Speed tees tested 2.1 yards longer than a standard tee.
The Speed System Gold Golf Driver is a super lightweight driver made of titanium and has proven its worth. This deal is attractive because it comes with 12 premium golf balls and two spring-loaded tees. Aside from the golf balls, there are a few stand out features that this driver offers players.
This driver has been proven to weigh 15% less than the competition in its class. This adds a significant amount of speed and distance to the launch. The Amazon sales page claims that it has been proven to add 21+ yards to an amateur’s game.
Speed zones are interesting because there has been a version of this model created for every skill level. If you have a higher skill level and can drive the ball farther distances, you can opt for this model’s black version.
It then proceeds through 4 overall colors and finally ends up at the silver version, meant for beginners with slower swing speed. With that being said, this driver has something to offer golfers of all skill sets.
The reviews of this driver claim that it lives up to how it is advertised. Users have seen the 21+ yard increase in their swing and have noticed a great crisp feel to their swing.
When looking for a driver, you will want to pay attention to five main aspects of the club.
10. Autopilot A14 Premium Golf Driver
- ANTI-ROTATION DESIGN MAKES STRIKING THE BALL SQUARE ALMOST AUTOMATIC: The A14’s length, loft and lie angle make it easier for you to square the clubface at impact, meaning truer drives and shorter second shots; See the product description below for more on these specs and why they the difference maker in the accuracy and consistency of your tee shots
- MORE FORGIVING ON MISS-HITS: Compared to a traditional round or pear-shaped driver where the weight of the clubhead is distributed evenly around the club’s perimeter, the A14’s weight is concentrated in its corners; The farther weight is positioned from the club’s center of gravity, the higher its Moment of Inertia, and the higher its MOI, the more stable and less twist-prone it is at impact; With the A14, you stay square through the impact zone longer and strike the ball square
- TRACKMAN TEST PITS TRADITIONAL DRIVER AGAINST A14: The results, with the A14, 7 out of 8 test golfers hit their longest drive of the day, had their best carry, posted higher average launch angle, improved their clubface angle at impact, and struck the ball more consistently on the center of the clubface; The A14 is straight,long, easy to hit, confidence-boosting, and consistent
- LEGAL FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY: Legal and conforming; Conforms to the rules of golf
- 1-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS; High-quality construction backed by unbeatable warranty
The Autopilot A14 is another golf driver that is geared towards beginners. This driver is user-friendly and will get the job done when having a relaxing day out on the green. For anything more than just a relaxing day, this driver may not hold up to the top-of-the-line drivers. Someone who has more skill and experience will likely not benefit from this driver as much as is typically desired.
With that being said, this driver does contain a couple of attractive features.
This is an essential function of beginner drivers. This will allow the golf ball to travel a far distance with slice resistance so that your shots will land on the fairway more often.
The reason behind the forgiveness of this driver is the face that there is an even weight distribution which allows for the driver to have a good center of gravity. This will assist on miss-hit shots because of the momentum of the weight transfer.
This is another great function of a beginner driver. With this driver, there is assistance from the loft and lie in hitting the ball at a square angle.
Square impact will lead to an overall better drive. This will allow for the accuracy and consistency of the shot and will in time teach beginning golfers to create these shots on their own.
There are many positive reviews that have been made on this driver. The only ones that seemed to be disappointed were the golfers who bought it while being beyond the beginner skill set.
Some of the reviews mention that this driver makes it easier to pick the ball up off of the deck. Others mention that it has assisted in the improvement of their distance and accuracy. All in all, the Autopilot A14 Premium Golf Driver is another great choice for those who are just starting out with golf.
What Else You Should Consider When Choosing a Driver… Besides Price
A day on the course is always a day well spent, right? Speaking of spending, we’ve established you don’t have to spend a ton to get a quality driver that can help you get more distance, improve accuracy, and take your game to the next level.
Price is an important factor, but it shouldn’t be the only thing to consider when choosing a driver. Here are a few other factors to keep in mind: getting a driver who works with you and your golf game for under $300.
Each type of golf club has a noticeably different head. The driver is the golf club with the largest head, and the reason behind this is to give it the most power. Head sizes among drivers vary, and the varying sizes will affect the swing.
Newer golfers tend to opt for the largest head size available when shopping for a driver. According to pro tips at Dick’s Sporting Goods, the largest size that is legally allowed by the USGA is 460cc, which is short for cubic centimeters.
The more experienced golfers tend to opt for the smaller head sizes. These may range from about 420cc to 440cc. What the smaller head size does is give more accuracy in tight situations. Frequently, the more experienced golfer doesn’t need assistance with power because their swing has already been developed.
The flex of a shaft is how much a shaft will bend while being swung. If you look at a golfer hitting a golf ball with a driver in slow motion, you will notice that the golf club will bend as if made out of rubber. The extent of the bend has a significant impact on the swing.
Graphite allows for a more flexible shaft and will benefit a golfer who has less power behind their swing because the bending will whip the ball farther. Those who already have a powerful swing are more likely to benefit more from a steel shaft, not flexible.
Driver shaft length is another important consideration. A shorter shaft will often mean that the golfer has more control over the ball; however, taller people typically require a taller shaft. Drivers tend to come in sizes from 43 to 48 inches, with the shorter ones being geared towards women and the longer ones typically being used by men.
If you are on the taller side but have yet to hone your ball control skills, you should give a shorter shaft a shot until more ball control is gained. The golf club is essentially an extension of your arms, so the shorter the shaft, the closer you are to the ball, which will result in more control.
If you really like your driver’s head, sometimes it may be worth considering replacing the driver shaft to improve your game.
The loft is the angle that the club sits at when the head is placed on the ground. A typical driver loft will sit somewhere between 8 and 15 degrees. When choosing which loft you may need for your club, consider the speed of your swing.
For those who launch the ball 80 MPH and higher, the lowest possible loft would be recommended. Likewise, those who have a slower swing will be better off going with the higher lofts.
As sports technology is getting better by the year, equipment is coming lighter than ever. A light club will help you propel the golf ball a farther distance. Drivers currently weigh somewhere in the range of 265 to 310 grams.
Any golfer would benefit from a lighter driver regardless of their skill level. It is common to have the lighter clubs sit at a higher price; however, that is not always the case.
There are certainly ways around the possible bank-breaking prices that golf poses. Knowing how to choose a golf driver and a dive into the effective drivers on the cheaper side, it is surely likely that affordable drivers are easily available. Now it is your chance to choose which of these top drivers under $300 would fit best in your golf bag.