Golf and music go together remarkably well. Is there anything better than playing golf with your favorite songs blaring from your golf cart? A quality golf cart Bluetooth speaker can make your time on the links even more enjoyable.
If you’re not sure which Bluetooth speaker to buy for your golf cart, this article will be a huge help to you. Here are the eight best golf cart Bluetooth speakers of 2021.
Best Golf Cart Bluetooth Speakers: Our Top Picks
If you want our recommendations right away, here they are. Read further for the full list and individual reviews.
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 (Best Sound Quality)
- JBL Charge 4 (Best Volume)
- Bushnell Wingman (Best with Built-in GPS)
- JBL CLIP 3 (Best for the Money)
- ROKFORM G-ROK (Best Magnetic)
- Treblab FX100 (Best Battery Life)
Best Golf Cart Bluetooth Speakers of 2021
1. Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 (Best Sound Quality)
- Best sound quality of all speakers, with boost feature
- 13 hour battery life
- Waterproof & floats
If you’re looking for a Bluetooth speaker with the best sound quality, you need the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 for your golf cart! This unit features a new Outdoor Boost option that automatically raises the volume and overall clarity. That option will come in handy when your playing partner is bragging about the birdie he just made!
The battery life will last for 13 hours, so golfers can rock out to their favorite tunes the entire day without having to worry about recharging. This unit is also waterproof, which is helpful for when those annoying pop-up thunderstorms hit when you’re on the course. Another positive attribute of the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 is its lightweight (only 15 ounces).
Another thing to like about this speaker is that it’s versatile. You can use it on the golf course and then at home when you’re cooling off in the pool afterward. You never have to worry about skips either, which is a huge plus.
2. JBL Charge 4 (Best Volume)
- Powerful sound
- 20 hours of playtime
The JBL Charge 4 is a fantastic option for golfers who want long battery life and premium sound quality in their Bluetooth speaker. The battery in this little beauty lasts for 20 hours. This means it will easily last you through those glorious days when you get to play 36 holes!
A nice feature of the JBL Charge 4 is that it lets you connect two separate devices to it simultaneously. This will allow you and your playing partner to take turns when deciding on which song to play. The unit is also waterproof and made to hold up well in any type of weather.
There is even a USB port where you can charge your cell phone while on the course! There’s nothing worse than having your phone go dead, especially if you still have several holes left to play and use a GPS app to provide you with yardages. That worry is eliminated when you have the JBL Charge 4.
JBL also offers this unit in 10 different vibrant colors, so you don’t have to settle for a boring-looking speaker! It’s easy to see why the JBL Charge 4 is so highly rated by golfers!
3. Bushnell Wingman Golf GPS Speaker (Best with Built-in GPS)
This is the best option for the hardcore golfer who wants high-quality music and a built-in top-of-the-line GPS. This speaker will tell you the exact yardage of your next shot! How incredible is that? Bushnell covered all their bases when they created this amazing Bluetooth speaker.
The Bushnell Wingman speaker also features Integrated BITE magnetic technology, which allows you to attach it directly to a bar on the golf cart. This is an incredible feature because most Bluetooth speakers can be difficult to mount to a golf cart. You won’t have that problem with the Wingman speaker!
The battery life lasts for 10 hours which isn’t as long as other brands. However, 10 hours is still plenty of time for two 18-hole rounds of golf. You can also charge your cell phone with the built-in USB port.
4. JBL Clip 3 (Best for the Money)
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
- 10 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Integrated Carabiner
For the best bang for your buck, check out the JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth speaker. It’s less than $50 and provides the high-quality sound that JBL is known for. If you’re looking for a simple, lightweight speaker that won’t break the bank, this could be the best option for you.
The JBL Clip 3 comes with a built-in carabiner. This makes it super easy to mount this speaker to your golf cart or bag. The battery life on this unit is also decent (10 hours).
This speaker weighs only a little more than half a pound, which is a nice feature. However, don’t let the JBL Clip 3’s small size fool you. The sound quality and volume are amazing!
5. Rokform G-Rok Golf Speaker (Best Magnetic)
- EASY TO USE: Instant Built-in Magnetic Mounting, nothing extra to lose or break
- WATERPROOF: iPX7 Waterproof and Dustproof for rain or shine use
- RUGGED: Drop resistant for worry free use
- 24 HOUR BATTERY LIFE: Up to 6 rounds of Golf on a single charge at 60% Volume from the 3600mAh battery
- GREAT SOUND: 2x 8 Watt Drivers deliver clear crisp sound at any volume level
Here’s a Bluetooth speaker that delivers crystal clear sound quality and is super easy to mount. The built-in magnetic feature mounts instantly to your golf cart. No more spending unnecessary time trying to tie your speaker to a handle!
The price of the Rokform G-Rok is also attractive at less than $100! That’s hard to beat considering all the features this speaker offers. The battery also lasts a full 24 hours!
This unit is also waterproof and dustproof, so it will hold up well no matter what time of the year you’re hitting the links. It also features an SD card slot which allows you to listen to up to 5,000 songs without your phone! This is a plus for golfers like me who hate taking their phones to the golf course!
6. Ampcaddy Version 3 Golf Bluetooth Speaker
The Ampcaddy speaker is a solid choice because it was created by PGA golfers. A nice feature of this unit is that it swivels up to 180 degrees. This allows you to direct the sound toward your group of golfers, which means you’ll be less likely to disturb other groups when you’re playing Vanilla Ice (haha).
Do you know how some speakers are tough to hear when you’re on the putting green? You won’t have that problem with the Ampcaddy because its bass subwoofer projects well all the way to the green. Hearing your favorite tunes while putting can help you stay relaxed so you can sink more birdies!
Ampcaddy stands behind this speaker with an impressive 2-year warranty! This unit is also waterproof and shock-resistant. Your favorite song won’t skip, even if you hit a bad speed bump on the golf cart path!
7. Treblab FX100 Bluetooth Speaker (Best Battery Life)
For a solid Bluetooth speaker with the longest battery life, look into buying the Treblab FX100. The battery lasts a full 35 hours, which is arguably the longest on the market. You could play a round of golf every day for a full week before needing to charge this speaker!
This speaker also delivers good sound quality and FM radio. The speakerphone feature allows you to take calls with one simple click. The built-in carabiner allows you to mount this easily to your golf bag. This is a nice feature, especially if you don’t want to mount it anywhere inside your golf cart.
The Treblab FX100 boasts a full 360 degrees of surround sound, and lots of folks rave about how nice the bass hits. It also has a port where you can charge your cell phone during your round of golf—no more worrying about your battery dying when you’re on the course.
8. Upside Golf Bluetooth Speaker
- Magnetic mount
- 15 hours playtime
- 200 feet range
This Bluetooth speaker from Upside features one of the longest wireless ranges on the market today. Most speakers have a connectivity range of 100 feet, but this one has a range of 200 feet. This unit is also a bit unique because it has a square shape and not the typical tube shape that most speakers have.
A PGA professional created this speaker, so that is a plus for golfers. This unit features a high-powered magnet that easily latches onto any bar in the golf cart. This is super convenient for golfers, and many have raved about how strong the magnet is.
This speaker also fully charges in only two hours, and the battery lasts 15 hours. It is also waterproof and able to withstand adverse conditions on the golf course. You can tell by the look of this speaker that Upside made durability a top priority when they created it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should I consider when purchasing a golf cart Bluetooth speaker?
Here are six features to consider before buying a Bluetooth speaker. These are in no particular order so just decide how important each feature is to you.
- Sound Quality: It’s pointless to buy a Bluetooth speaker if the sound quality isn’t any good. Read several reviews about the brand of speaker you’re looking to buy. Make sure that the sound quality is clear and that the volume can reach far enough for you to hear it during shots that are far away from your golf cart.
- Type of Mounting: Do you want a magnetic speaker that will stick to the bar of your cart instantly? Maybe you want a speaker that mounts and allows you to point it in a specific direction? Think about what type of mounting you want before buying a Bluetooth speaker.
- Battery Life: Are you the type of person who usually forgets to charge their speaker? If so, you’ll need a speaker with a long battery life. If you have no problem remembering to charge your speaker before each round, the battery life isn’t as crucial for you.
- Waterproof: You need a Bluetooth speaker that is waterproof. You never know when a random rain shower will hit when you’re on the course. Also, you don’t want to have to worry about ruining your speaker because of an unfortunate beer spill in the cart!
- Size: Does the size or weight of the speaker matter to you? The simple clip on speakers are usually the lightest in weight and smallest in size. The larger speakers usually have more bells and whistles but they’re a bit heavier and more bulky.
- Price: What are you looking to spend on your Bluetooth speaker? There are a lot of good options to choose from, no matter what your price range is. Find a highly rated speaker that fits your budget.
How do you mount a Bluetooth speaker to a golf cart?
Some Bluetooth speakers don’t require any mounting at all because they’re magnetic. Simply hold these types of speakers up to a bar on your golf cart, and Voila! You’re good to go! That’s the simplest option.
If you buy a speaker that isn’t magnetic, don’t panic! There are lots of options out there. Look into getting a speaker strap like the HomeMount Portable Speaker Mount for Golf Cart.
Some types of speakers come with a mounting device already attached to them. Most of the time, mounting it to a golf cart is easy since all you have to do is tighten a couple of knobs. Other speakers make you buy a mounting device sold separately, so ready the fine print before buying anything.
The 19th Hole: Wrapping It Up
There are plenty of options available when it comes time for you to buy a Bluetooth speaker for your golf cart. Read as many online reviews as you can before buying one. Ask the pro shop folks at your favorite local course what they would recommend.
Bluetooth speakers have come a long way in recent years! When I was growing up and learning how to play golf, I never would have imagined that I would one day be able to listen to whatever song I wanted on the golf course! Technology is a beautiful thing. Until next time, keep rocking out and playing your best!